Why is it important?
- We don’t like it either but customers will abandon your cart. This strategy will help you turn abandoning users into customers by offering an incentive as they leave.
- This is the MOST effective strategy for recovering revenue from potential customers who don’t purchase
- Drive sales immediately. We look to achieve a 10% discount code redemption rate.
How do I set this up?
This is where the magic of Sumo lies. It’s SUPER easy to set this up using our Sumo Shortcuts, step-by-step guides for launching proven strategies.
Click on our ‘Shortcuts’ tab. Follow the steps to setup the strategy.
When setting up this strategy, you need to choose your discount offer.
Recommended: 10% offer is our recommended starting place. Expect to see higher conversion rates the higher discount you offer:
A few other ideas to test:
- Dollar Amount Offer => Try testing $ discount vs. % discount of the same amount. If your AOV is $100, try $10 off instead of 10% off.
- The “Weird % Offer” => Try 7% or 9% off. We’ve seen a smaller discount amounts outperform round figures, like 10% or 20%
- Free Shipping => Free shipping has almost become required. However, you should definitely test this offer if it’s performs well & the costs.
We promise. It works :) Case Study: properlbc.com
Sumo customer properlbc.com launched their abandon cart strategy and is converting at 8% and has driven sales of $34,000+.
Properlbc.com delivers unique discount codes via the popup success message and sumo autoresponder, using our Shopify integration. With a click of a button, the discount is applied automatically to checkout.
Discount Campaign Results - Total Purchase Amount