Are you already pushing your emails to a Mailchimp list, but are looking to segment them further? No biggie. Sumo allows you to push your subscribers to groups within your Mailchimp list, so you can do exactly that!.
- In order to get started creating groups within your Mailchimp list, first login to MailChimp. Then simply click on the "Lists" tab in the menu at the top of the window. Next, click on the list you wish to pass your subscribers to.
- Now click on the second dropdown menu “Manage subscribers" and click "Groups"
- Then click "Create Groups"
- Once on the "Create Group" page, select "Don’t show these groups on my signup form"
- Next, create a title for your category of groups. In this case the title is "Sumo." Now let's say you want to separate your subscribers based off of which app they signed up for your list through - you could create groups named "List Builder" "Welcome Mat" and "Scroll Box." Now that this is done, make sure to click "Save."
- It's time for you to see the fruits of your labor. Head over to your List Builder Form's Connect to Email Service tab ... and Voila! You can now select groups within your Mailchimp list. :) You rockstar, you.