Need to do something with the email address on the success page without integrating an Email Service Provider? No problem. You can pass it to the Success Redirect URL. (NOTE: Only the email address can be passed, no other variable at this time).
Two commonly used methods for a request-response between a client and server are: GET and POST.
- GET - Requests data from a specified resource
- POST - Submits data to be processed to a specified resource
In order to pass the email variable to the Success Redirect URL, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Success tab within List Builder.
- Click the Redirect URL tab.
- Enter the URL you want to redirect subscribers to. (NOTE: You must enter a Success Redirect URL. If you do not, your visitors will will not be redirected and you will not be able to configure your email variable settings).
- Once you have entered your desired Success Redirect URL, you can begin configuring your email variable! The available options are as follows:
Don't pass email address - Choose to not pass an email as a GET or POST variable to the Success Redirect URL.
Pass Email as a GET variable - Allows you to pass an email as a GET variable to the Success Redirect URL.
Pass Email as a POST variable - Allows you to pass an email as a POST variable to the Success Redirect URL.
POST/GET Variable Name - The name of the email address form variable passed to your Success Redirect URL.
You're done! You can now pass an email address to your Success Redirect URL!