Need to do something with the email address on the success page without integrating an Email Service Provider? No problem. You can pass it to the Success Redirect URL. (NOTE: Only the email address can be passed, no other variable at this time).
Two commonly used methods for a request-response between a client and server are: GET and POST.
- GET - Requests data from a specified resource
- POST - Submits data to be processed to a specified resource
- Click on the Success tab within List Builder.
- Click the Redirect URL tab.
- Enter the URL you want to redirect subscribers to. (NOTE: You must enter a Success Redirect URL. If you do not, your visitors will will not be redirected and you will not be able to configure your email variable settings).
- Once you have entered your desired Success Redirect URL, you can begin configuring your email variable! The available options are as follows:
Don't pass email address - Choose to not pass an email as a GET or POST variable to the Success Redirect URL.
Pass Email as a GET variable - Allows you to pass an email as a GET variable to the Success Redirect URL.
Pass Email as a POST variable - Allows you to pass an email as a POST variable to the Success Redirect URL.
POST/GET Variable Name - The name of the email address form variable passed to your Success Redirect URL.
You're done! You can now pass an email address to your Success Redirect URL!In order to pass the email variable to the Success Redirect URL, follow the steps below: