Connecting to Mailchimp in Sumo is quick and easy. Just follow the quick start guide below!
Details required to connect: Your Mailchimp username / password
Key integration features:
- Disable double opt-in: You can choose to not require Sumo subscribers to confirm a double opt-in confirmation email sent from Mailchimp.
- Interest groups: You can choose one or more (or none) Mailchimp Interest Groups to apply to your Sumo subscribers
- Log into Sumo!
- Open the Launcher Settings menu at the top-right of the Launcher and select Settings
- Click on the Integrations tab at the top
- Now you will see a list of various Email Service Providers. Select "MailChimp"
- Click on the "CONNECT" button
- You will now see a Popup that will ask you to Login to MailChimp with your MailChimp credentials. You must provide your Username/Email, Password, and (sometimes) Captcha Security Code.
- Almost Done! You will now See MailChimp connected! Now you must make sure of the following:
- Select a List!! If you do not select a list your emails will NOT pass to MailChimp and be collected. If you see "-- Don't push to list --" Your emails will not pass.
- Determine if you want to use Double-Opt or not. MailChimp, by default, requires your subscribers to confirm through an automated Email before being added. This is called Double-Opt and adds a step for your user. You can disable it by clicking on this button. If it is grey it is NOT Disabled!
- Click "SAVE"! You did all that hard work! Now "SAVE" it!
Sumo offers the ability to set up multiple fields in your opt-in forms. This include standard fields such as First Name, Last Name and Phone Number. You can also set up completely Custom Fields or Hidden Fields!
Check out our guide on Fields HERE.
In order to make sure that any extra fields you've set up will correctly pass into Mailchimp, check out our guide HERE.Back to top
In Sumo, you can choose to push different Campaigns/Popups to different lists in Mailchimp.Back to top