Heat Maps show you EXACTLY where people are clicking on your site. With this information, you can then improve your pages to show your visitors what they want to see.
Here you'll find detailed documentation for Heat Map's features, one-click campaign enabling, reviewing real-time statistics, custom page query strings, track logged in users and more.
Figure out Exactly How to Improve Your Site
Heat Maps shows you exactly where people are (or not) clicking on your site. With this information, you can move your call-to-actions to make them more visible, see what your visitors want more of, and much more.
Keep an Eye on Every One of Your Pages
With Heat Maps, you can track the clicks on every single one of your pages. Run unlimited campaigns to know what your visitors are doing on your homepage, content pages, and more.
Every heat map you set up is updated in real-time showing the latest clicks from your visitors. No need to wait to see where your visitors are clicking on your site!
Don't Forget about All Your Mobile Visitors
You'd be surprised how much of your traffic comes from mobile visitors. For most sites, 30% of their traffic is mobile.
Heat Maps is 100% mobile optimized. Your mobile visitors are just as valuable as your web visitors, don’t miss out on any clicks.
- Sidebar Menu - start or stop the current page campaign, view active campaigns, add page query parameters, track logged in users, and more.
- Main Pane - contains the details of the specific feature section.
In the Sidebar Menu, you can access:
View your visitor clicks recorded for the current page, review your active Heat Maps campaign, stop recording the current campaign, as well as create new campaigns.
View your active list of campaigns as well as edit and delete individual campaigns.
Add query string parameters to identify unique pages on your site.
Auto Record PRO Only
Configure which pages automatically record user interactions based on display rules.Heat Map is divided into two areas:
Heat Maps be recorded on any page you want, so you’ll want to start by visiting the page for your new Heat Map campaign.
Click the Record Button To Begin
To start a new Heat Map Campaign for the page, click the “Record New Campaign for this Page” button.
New Campaign View Active / Stop Campaign
View an Active Campaign Heat Map
When you want to review the current page’s heat map campaign, click on the “View Active Campaign for this Page” button to be taken to your real-time heat map.
you can click on the Heat Maps icon on the sumo badge (in the top right of your page).
TIP: If there is a red dot next to the icon, there is a campaign currently recording.
- View Real-time Clicks - When visiting the active page heat map campaign,
- Current Page - View all heat map campaigns on the current page.
- All Campaigns - View a list of all campaigns on your entire site and their respective pages.
- Edit Name - Click on the pencil icon to rename the selected campaign.
- Start / Finish - Displays a campaign creation date and ended recording date, otherwise listed as an “Active” campaign.
- Clicks - Number of clicks recorded during the timeframe of the campaign.
- View Button - View the real-time, visual representation of clicks during selected campaign.
- Stop Recording / Delete Button - Stop recording active clicks on the selected campaign. Once stopped, you can delete the campaign.
- Query Strings - Enter your on-page query strings.
- Track Users Logged into Sumo - Choose to track all clicks recorded on the page regardless of logged in status of Sumo.
- Color Scheme - Alternate the color scheme on the Heat Map overlay.
Want even more from Heat Maps?
Upgrade to Heat Maps Pro is for people who want more than 1,000 clicks per campaign. Sometimes more clicks is needed to make better decisions. With the ability to track unlimited clicks on unlimited pages, you can make your site the best everrrrrrr.