- What is Share Pro?
- Setup & Controls
- View and analyze your social share data
- Customize your social services & settings (for desktop and mobile)
- Select your Share button placement locations (for desktop and mobile)
- Customize inline sharing options
- Mobile optimized Share buttons
- Control your Share button Display Rules (where they show throughout your website)
- Associate a Twitter account and suggest accounts to follow
- Tracking your social traffic
- Connecting a URL shortener service
Share makes it stupid-easy for your visitors to share your content to their friends, family, and others. The more people share your site and content, the more viral traffic goes back to your site.
Here you'll find detailed documentation for Share's features including analyzing click performance, customizing your share buttons placement and services, configuring your share buttons based on display rules, and more.
Set specific Share options for your mobile vs. desktop visitors. SMS and WhatsApp share options are incredibly effective in getting your mobile visitors to share.
Download Historical Share Data
Now you can run an analysis on which days and social networks are your most effective. Includes a downloadable csv so you can even further optimize your sharing.
Switch it on and Google Analytics will show you exactly where your social traffic is coming from (from Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or other networks).
No Branding + VIP Support
All Sumo branding is completely removed. Make it look like you paid thousands for these custom tools. Not only that, but we’re here 24/7 to help you if you have any issues.
- Sidebar Menu - view page/click summaries, select sharing services and appearance customization (desktop and mobile), select additional areas for buttons, create inline and mobile optimized design styles, configure the display rules, customized tweet formatting, parameter for tracking social traffic sources, and URL shortener integration.
- Main Pane - contains the details of the specific feature section.
In the Sidebar Menu, you can access:
View the top performing pages and total clicks across the website for different devices and sharing services. Download to CSV and review click performance across any date range, specific service, or specific devices.
Drag-and-drop social services and rearrange either manually or using “smart” mode. Configure the appearance, color, count numbers and mobile settings.
Select from several locations to show share buttons on your site. Edit each per-position settings via the gear icon.
Design and create customized sharing codes for installing Sumo Share buttons in any location on your website.
Offer your mobile visitors a customized selection of Share button services only they can see.
Control where Share buttons shows on your site depending on the page(s), URL parameter, or query string variable(s), and more.
Choose a Twitter screen name to append to tweets. Make follow suggestions by adding multiple Twitter accounts.
Track your shared URLs across all social sources (custom tracking as well) with our UTM parameter tracking tool.
Toggle whether to use a URL shortener service or not when links are shared.Share Pro is divided into two areas:
We're a big believer in analyzing page performance across your website and seeing its social performance is a big indicator of what’s working and what’s not.
View Performance across All Devices & Services
Track the performance of your website’s social sharing across all the devices and all social services (70 and counting). Share tracks the clicks of all pages of your site up the previous 7 days.
Choose and manipulate Share button services and in the Settings menu item.
Drag-and-Drop Additional Services
Drag any of the available social services over to your Selected Services window to add it to Share. Re-order the services simply by click-and-dragging them in the order you prefer.
There are two options for sorting your Share buttons:
- Manual - Uses the order you choose in the drag-and-drop interface.
- Smart - Optimizes your services for the most shares.
Determines how many services to display on your share bar.
Customize your “share” label and background color to match the tone and design of your website. (i.e. ‘Shares’, ‘Likes’, ‘Favorites’)
- Size - Small, Medium, or Large share icons.
- Padding - the amount of spacing between the pixels.
- Style - Square, Rounded or Circle button design.
- Background Color - Customize the color of your share buttons.
- Show Share Count - Toggle display of share counts and set the minimum amount.
- Show Total Share Count - Toggle display of aggregate total share count.
- Width - Control the mobile mode when the browser width is less than a certain amount in pixels. Default is 480.
- List or Grid View - Toggle the Share services to display in a list rather than the default Grid view.
Control the layout of your share buttons placement on your website. Combined with the powerful display rules, configure your buttons to display at the right location on the right pages.
Using our simple-to-use placement guide, you can select multiple areas for sharing on desktop & mobile:
- Page - Fixed Left, Fixed Right, and Fixed Bottom
- Above Article Header - Left, Center and Right above article’s header.
- Below Article Header - Left, Center and Right below article’s header.
- Article Footer - Left, Center and Right
- Top of Screen
- Bottom - Left, Center, and Right
TIP: With Share Pro , you can override the global settings and have specific, per-position settings for each share placement.
Save Your Share Placement Layout
After you’re satisfied selecting all the locations, click on the green "Save" button on the bottom right of the screen. Depending on your display rules, test your site using your device(s) or in new browser window, preferably Google Chrome in incognito mode.
On the sidebar menu, click on the "Inline" menu tab and then click "Add New Code" button.
- Name - Give this inline placement a recognizable name.
- Show On Mobile - Toggle the display of this inline placement for mobile devices.
- Create Custom Bar - Creates a customized Share bar and overrides your global bar settings and social services.
- Orientation - Controls the orientation of the share buttons. Choose between “horizontal” and “vertical”.
- Float - Choose between “None”, “Left”, and “Right” for your content to wrap around your inline share buttons.
Save your Inline Code
After you're satisfied selecting all the locations, click on the green "Save" button on the bottom right of the screen.
Your generated HTML code will be displayed for you to copy and manually paste into your HTML document's body.
Depending on your display rules, test your site using your device(s) or in new browser window, preferably Google Chrome in incognito mode.With inline sharing, you have the ability to design, create, and insert your Share buttons anywhere on your website.
Define where Share appears on your website. By default, Share shows on all pages.
Display Rules has 2 settings: “Show” and “Don’t Show”. One thing to always remember is that a “Don’t Show” rule will always take priority over any “Show” rules.
Rules can be created individually to work independent of each other or defined as a group to work as a rule set.
- Show Share ONLY the homepage
- Show Share on ALL mobile devices
- Show Share on pages with THIS query parameter
Don’t Show Examples:
- Don’t Show Share ONLY the homepage
- Don’t Show Share ONLY on a desktop
- Don’t Show Share on ALL pages containing an articles
Creating Multiple Rules
You can add as many rules as you want for all types of configuration on your website. See more examples of rule in action for mobile or desktop situations, specific pages and sections or your entire website.
Save Your Display Rules
After you’re satisfied setting up your display rules, click on the green "Save" button on the bottom right of the screen. Depending on your display rule set, test your site using your device(s) or in new browser window, preferably Google Chrome in incognito mode.Control Your Share button’s Display Rules
Association a Twitter account - Enter a screen name to append to tweets. No “@” symbol needed.
Suggest accounts to follow - Suggest relevant Twitter accounts to follow. comma separated list. “@appsumo, @sumo, @kingsumo”
Adding tracking parameters to your shared URLs let’s you see the social performance in your analytics dashboard.
- UTM query toggle - Choose whether or not to include UTM parameters.
- Campaign Source - Identify the traffic source, such as Google, LinkedIn, etc.
- Campaign Medium - Identify a medium like email, cost per click, etc.
- Campaign Name - Identify your campaign, such as your website, a specific sale, etc.
- Custom Tracking - Identify your own variable name and value.
Once activated, you can choose from three URL shortening services: