If you have not already signed up for Sumo, check out the Getting Started with Sumo Guide before following the instructions below.
- Open the folder where your PrestaShop website's files are located (NOTE: Your screen may look different).
- Navigate to the themes folder.
- Find the folder of the theme you are using with PrestaShop (by default this is set to default-bootstrap).
- Open index.tpl in your favorite IDE (code editor).
- Paste the Sumo code inside of the head tags within index.tpl (make sure that the code is in between the two body tags), then Save.
- Login to your PrestaShop Dashboard and hover over Advanced Parameters in the menu on the left and click Performance (NOTE: In older versions of PrestaShop you must go to the Preferences tab and Performance sub-tab).
- Select the option Force Compilation. Then set "Cache" to No. Click Save.
- Congrats, you're all done! Go to your PrestaShop website, navigate to the top right corner of the page, and enter your Sumo credentials to start using Sumo! (NOTE: Your website must be deployed to a server for you to see Sumo.)