If you have not already signed up for Sumo, check out the Getting Started with Sumo Guide before following the instructions below.
Attention: Your must be using Drupal 7 and NOT Drupal 8. There is only a Sumo module for Drupal 7..
- Login to your Drupal Dashboard and click on Modules.
- Scroll all the way down, and click the checkbox next to Update Manager to ensure it is enabled. Update Manager must be enabled for you to add modules through the interface. Click Save Configuration.
- While within Modules, click contributed modules.
- Inside the Search Modules text area, type in sumome. Then click Search.
- Scroll down and copy the link of the tar.gz file (right click the file link and choose to copy link).
- Go back to your Drupal dashboard and click Modules once again. Then click Install new module.
- Copy and Paste the link to the tar.gz file inside of the text area underneath Install from a URL. Click Install.
- Once again, click Modules in the Drupal dashboard navigation and scroll all the way down. Click on the checkbox next to SumoMe Tools Integration to enable the Sumo module. Click Save Configuration.
- Click Configuration in the Drupal dashboard navigation and scroll down. Click SumoMe Tools Integration.
- Copy and Paste the Sumo HTML Code inside of the text area underneath Data Sumo Site ID. Click Save Configuration.
- Congrats, you're all done! Navigate to the top right corner of your website and enter your Sumo credentials to start using Sumo!.