Connecting to Mailigen in Sumo is quick and easy. Just follow the quick start guide below!
Details required to connect: Your Mailigen API Key
Key integration features:
- Disable double opt-in: You can choose to not require Sumo subscribers to confirm a double opt-in confirmation email sent from Mailchimp.
- Send Welcome Email: Each Mailigen list can have an email sent to new subscribers after they subscribe, called a "Thank You email".
- Log into Sumo!
- Open the Launcher Settings menu at the top-right of the Launcher and select Settings
- Click on the Integrations tab at the top
- Now you will see a list of various Email Service Providers. Select "Mailigen"
- Enter your API Key and then click on the "CONNECT" button
- Select a List!! If you do not select a list your emails will NOT pass to Mailigen and be collected. If you see "-- Don't push to list --" Your emails will not pass.
- Determine if you want to use Double-Opt or not. Mailigen, by default, requires your subscribers to confirm through an automated Email before being added. This is called Double-Opt and adds a step for your user. You can disable it by clicking on this button. If it is grey it is NOT Disabled!
- Determine if you want to use a Thank You email or not. Each Mailigen list can have an email sent to new subscribers after they subscribe, called a "Thank You email".
- Click "SAVE"! You did all that hard work! Now "SAVE" it!
Sumo offers the ability to set up multiple fields in your opt-in forms. This include standard fields such as First Name, Last Name and Phone Number. You can also set up completely Custom Fields or Hidden Fields!
Check out our guide on Fields HERE.
In order to make sure that any extra fields you've set up will correctly pass into Mailigen, check out our guide HERE.Back to top
In Sumo, you can choose to push different Campaigns/Popups to different lists in Mailigen.Back to top