First, make sure you've read our guide on Sumo Fields to see all of the available options.
Now, let's add some extra fields!
Extra fields in List Builder 3
- Open your List Builder 3 popup in the Design tab
- Add an input field to your form
- Select either a Preset Field or a Custom Field
- IMPORTANT: If you're using a Custom Field remember the name you're using for that field!
- MAILCHIMP USERS: If you're using a Merge Tag you must use the exact tag name or the exact merge variable you're using for that tag otherwise it won't work!
Extra fields in List Builder 2 and Scroll Box
- Open your Popup/Box and click on the Fields tab on the left
- Click Add Field to add a field. Make sure to remember the variable name if it's a Custom Field!
Extra fields in Welcome Mat
Check out our article on Welcome Mat fields
- Log into your Mailchimp account
- Click on the list you'll be pushing to
- Click on the Settings dropdown
- Select List fields and *|MERGE|* tags
- Click Add a Field to create a new field
- If you're passing Custom Fields (not Built-in) make sure the Merge Tag matches the variable name you chose in your Sumo opt-in form! Built-in Sumo fields must have their Merge Tags named in a certain way:
Built-in Field Merge Tag Name First Name FNAME Last Name LNAME Company COMPANY ZIP Code ZIP Website WEBSITE Phone Number PHONE
- IMPORTANT: Make sure none of the fields you're pushing from Sumo have Required? checked or they may not pass!