Connecting to iContact (both iContact Pro and non-Pro) in Sumo is quick and easy. Just follow the quick start guide below!
Details required to connect:
- iContact username (email)
- iContact Sumo App password
- This is created in the section below, it is not your iContact account password
Key integration features:
- Pass subscribers to list: Select a list for Sumo to pass all new subscribers to
Before you can integrate iContact with Sumo, you'll need to create an API App for Sumo. To do this:
- Go into your iContact Settings and Billing page
- Select iContact API
- Enter an Application Name and Description for Sumo, then click Get AppId
- Now select enable this AppId for your account
- Change the AppId to 7oGwLMkfqDMzqNGz6fw3lofIYpbBNiHK and create a Password, then hit Save. This is the password you will use to log in through the Sumo integration!
- Log into Sumo!
- Open the Launcher Settings menu at the top-right of the Launcher and select Settings
- Click on the Integrations tab at the top
- Now you will see a list of various Email Service Providers. Select iContact
- Enter your iContact username (email) and App password (created in the previous section), then click Connect
- Almost Done! You will now see iContact connected! Now, select a list to push new Sumo subscribers to!
- Click Save!
Sumo offers the ability to set up multiple fields in your opt-in forms. This include standard fields such as First Name, Last Name and Phone Number. You can also set up completely Custom Fields or Hidden Fields!
Check out our guide on Fields HERE.
In order to make sure that any extra fields you've set up will correctly pass into iContact, check out our guide HERE.Back to top
In Sumo, you can choose to push different Campaigns/Popups to different lists in iContact.Back to top